8TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CORPUS LINGUISTICS – CILC 2016
The Spanish Association for Corpus Linguistics and the local Organizing Committee are pleased to announce that the 8th International Conference on Corpus Linguistics (CILC 2016) will be held at the University of Málaga (Spain) on March 2-4, 2016.
In line with AELINCO’s main aim, the Conference will aim to disseminate current research work on Corpus Linguistics in general, with a special focus on this year’s theme: “Academia meets business: corpus studies in Language Industry and Computational Linguistics applications”, thus focusing on the more practical aspects of Corpus Linguistics.
We are pleased to announce the participation of the following confirmed KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
- Monica Bednarek (University of Sidney, Australia)
- Laurence Anthony (Waseda University, Japón)
- Ramesh Krishnamurthy (Aston University, Reino Unido)
The Organizing Committee invites scholars and researchers to submit their PAPER PROPOSALS on any of the following AELINCO thematic panels:
- Corpus design, compilation and types
- Discourse, literary analysis and corpora
- Corpus-based grammatical studies
- Corpus-based lexicology and lexicography
- Corpora, contrastive studies and translation
- Linguistic variation and change through corpora
- Corpus-based computational linguistics
- Corpora, language acquisition and teaching
- Special uses of corpus linguistics
Paper proposals must be extended abstracts written in English or Spanish, and should not exceed 500 words (excluding references). Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format via EasyChair and should not contain explicit references to any of the authors. A shorter (150 words) abstract in English should also be submitted. When submitting your proposal, please select ONE of the available topics, which correspond with the abovementioned AELINCO thematic panels.
The deadline for abstract submission is December 1, 2015.
Notification of acceptance will be sent out by January 8, 2016.
We look forward to seeing you in Málaga.
The Organizing Committee